Good day, SWC friends! It’s Annual Meeting time! Like many of you, I am full-up with travel plans, budgets and resolutions, to-do lists, and tiny bottles of hair products. Instead of the “usual” blog article for this first Monday of May, I’d like to share with you my prayers for our gathering in Albuquerque.
Spirit of Life; Spirit of Love – we ask that you cover our Annual Meeting with good gifts:
- That a spirit of prayer mark all parts of our time together.
- That volunteers for the hosting congregations have a good experience and feel appreciated.
- That delegates and guests are welcomed with hospitality.
- That all persons speaking in the plenary sessions and workshops feel heard and valued.
- That relationships with one another and with You are renewed, deepened or begun afresh.
- That we might more fully cherish our covenants with one another.
- That each person present listens gracefully to the voices around them, especially when there’s disagreement.
- That we grasp opportunities for celebration and connection.
- That our inaugural anti-racism training goes smoothly and that lay and clergy participants and participant/facilitators are energized and inspired to further reflection and to work in counter-oppression movements.
- That travel is a safe and enriching time for those who are coming to Albuquerque by car or plane.
- That each person attending leaves with a sense of renewal and centeredness around their calling in the United Church of Christ’s setting in the Southwest Conference.
- That we each travel home safely with energy to work alongside God and our brothers and sisters to further our mission and vision in the world!
Spirit whose name is mercy, hear our prayer! Amen.